There are a variety of content types to choose from. However, you need to ensure you write the right thing for the right audience if you want to achieve great success.
You need to create ridiculously good content – content that is useful, enjoyable and inspired.-Anne Handley
This blog post will go through the list of content types, their application, and some good examples that can inspire you to go the distance!
1. What is content?
I dare say it’s a very philosophical question, as no one can provide an accurate explanation. But I will give it a shot. Content is everything that you find VALUABLE about a brand – from the tagline to the blogs, image resources, social media ads, and everything in between. Content is what makes you…you.
But before we start our blog journey, I will bring up two crucial factors that may make your site scale or fail.
2. Factors that may affect your results
Factor #1: Your target audience
Before you start composing content, you must first consider your audience and what they want to learn from your piece. By understanding your target reader, you can better tailor the content of your article to their needs. For example, if you’re writing for a business audience, they may be interested in reading about different types of content that can help promote their products or services. Content should be accommodated to your people’s needs, not to your own preferences.
Factor #2: A clear goal
You don’t want to share content for the sake of having something. If you’re into numbers, you will already know that results are achieved with hard work. You should have a clear target if you want people to use your content to consume your products or services. Only then will you be able to profit from it. And this is what you’re looking for, right?
3. Benefits of writing good content
There are many benefits to having a content strategy. Content can help improve your website, attract new visitors, and keep existing customers engaged. Without a content strategy, it’s pretty obvious that nobody will take care of their content, and they will miss out on these important benefits.
More traffic to your website
You’ve got your brand identity in place, and you’re set to start engaging customers. Some brands are able to go it alone, dropping content whenever they feel like it. However, for most businesses, there’s nothing wrong with taking advantage of the power of regular publishing. It’s always great to deliver consistent content when communicating with customers – if only because it gives them a reason to show up every time you say something new.
Increased conversion rates
When creating content for your website, try to inspire a conversation between you and the visitor. Effective communication strategies can boost conversion and decrease bounce rates – giving your content strategy a successful start!
While I’m not a pure fan of SEO, I have to admit that no matter what content types you write, if you don’t do your homework, you won’t make it. Learning how to write an SEO-optimized article or landing page content will certainly get you one step closer to success.
Better brand image
Branding is the cornerstone of any business. You need to be visible whether you’re an entrepreneur or part of a multinational company. Audiences have to know what you stand for and what your brand represents. Sooner or later, branding will give you extra value that you can build upon.
4. The Most Important Content Types
Okay, we’ve come to the essence of our article. Let’s see which types of content you should pay attention to in order to leverage your marketing efforts.
You know, we had to talk about blog posts first. For many brands, blog posts are a vital part of their content marketing strategy! Blogs rank high in Google search results, and with good reason: they offer users easy access to valuable information that’s backed by expert research and experience. Brands can’t afford to ignore blogs as part of their content strategy. There are many types of blog content – you can write financial blogs, art blogs, or any type of blog on a topic of your choice, as far as you are an expert in that industry.
Why use blogging?
- It works best for search engine optimization, and content gets indexed easily.
- You can build a good link structure and add value on a consistent basis.
- You can use your blog posts to distribute them across different channels, like email and social media.
There are many different types of content marketing, but email is still a leading source. According to FinancialPost.com , each dollar spent on email marketing results in up to $42 in revenue. It doesn’t sound bad, does it? Writing emails, however, is very specific. Unlike blogging, here you would require a copywriter to produce a text that will grab readers. You should come up with a short and attention-grabbing copy that could convert, as nobody loves to read love letters from strangers.
Why use email?
- You can connect on a regular basis with your potential customers.
- Email allows you to build rapport with your loyal clients.
- Email marketing is a very profitable approach to targeting new and existing customers, as it focuses on direct language.
3. Social media
There are many different types of social media content nowadays. Unlike the early days of Facebook Ads, now you have many channels at your disposal:
- Quora, etc.
As you can see, there are many diverse demographics that you can target. In general, older demographics rely on Reddit, Quora, and Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, and Instagram are reserved for younger people, and LinkedIn is an entirely professional network where B2B services are best sold. We’ve already mentioned how to use social media marketing to reach your audience, but let’s recap it.
Why use social media?
- Social media is the best way to build a brand image.
- Social media lets you connect on a different level with your customers and engage with them.
- Tech giants that own the social media channels have a lot of established AI-based demographics, allowing you to extract valuable information from your customers.
4. Video content
Video content is crucial if you want to engage your audience and drive more sales. People can visualize concepts much better than they can with text, so including videos in your marketing strategy is a great way to boost engagement and conversions. Platforms like YouTube and Spotify also give you a chance to reach many people with accessibility issues, and wider audiences.
Why use video content?
- Videos get re-shared way more often.
- Video content often gets algorithm boosts across search engines (including social media channels.)
- You have a higher chance of delivering a long message that grabs the attention of your audience.
5. Website content
Among the most popular types of content, website content is probably the most important for Google. First, it helps your website stand out in the search engine results pages (SERP). This is because the content is one of the key factors that search engines use to rank websites. Second, good website content provides a great user experience (UX). This means that visitors are more likely to stay on your website and continue browsing. According to Zyro, 75% of customers will create an opinion of your company based solely on your website.
Why use social media?
- Website content has the biggest influence on SEO.
- Web content could provide branding value to your website.
- Among the content types, website content is one of the first things to do.
6. White Papers
White papers are one of the most authoritative pieces of text out there. They provide a solution to a complex problem by providing detailed information. By reading a white paper, you can gain a deep understanding of the issue at hand and how to solve it. White papers were never intended to teach customers how to solve problems, they are made to show customers that YOU can do it for them.
Why use social media?
- They show an ultimate level of authority.
- White papers can help you justify high price tags.
- Writing white papers can let your clients see your position for a certain case and align their vision with yours.
Pro tip: It is a good idea to have someone with vast company knowledge write the white paper. Here’s a good guide on how to write a white paper.
Ebooks are a great way to show your authority in your industry. Unlike white papers, they have a more commercial aim. This makes them perfect for promoting your products or services to potential customers. Usually, they are offered for free. According to Radix, an average ebook is around 2500-3000 words in size. Of course, you should also consider adding a lot of pictures to make the design welcoming. Around 15-20 pages is a good size for an ebook, and there should be the same amount of cool images to add value.
Why use social media?
- Ebooks are one of the content types that give a lot of commercial value.
- You can offer ebooks in return for a free newsletter subscription in order to grow your email list.
- With ebooks, you can show off your writing skills.
8. Case studies
Looking at real-life examples is always a great way to evaluate your skills. That’s why case studies are so useful; they show you the entire process from start to finish. By studying how others have tackled similar challenges, you can learn new techniques and approaches that you can apply to your own work. Case studies can show your in-depth analytical and problem-solving abilities. However, you should not use them to promote services. Instead, provide value.
Why use social media?
- Case studies are a great way to show expertise and measure real-life examples.
- You can show how you can improve your client’s ROI using real numbers instead of imaginary “potential.”
- Case studies can create a lot of authority.
There are plenty of content types available, and each one can be extremely effective if used properly. However, it’s important to make sure you choose the right one for your business. Depending on what you’re trying to achieve, you’ll need to select a content type that will help you reach your goals instead of one that looks “fancy”.
6. About Digital Parrot
We are a very small team of professionals whose goal is to help you create compelling content that will bring you more loyal customers. We believe in transparency, consistency, and communication. Your satisfaction matters to us!
Why choose us for your next partner?
- Working with a small team means your tasks will get prioritized, and deadlines will be much better.
- Our team has a lot of quality and speaks Bulgarian, English, French, and German.
- Flexible pay rates that won’t break the bank.
In case our proposal seems like a good fit, drop us an email at email@example.com or connect with me directly on LinkedIn.